Tuttle, OKLAHOMA (Aug. 30, 2016) — We are thrilled to announce the winner of the Braum’s Perfect Pair: The World’s Greatest Double-Dip Contest.
Andy Taylor was awarded the contest’s grand prize for the ’80s throwback entry of “Wake Me Up before You Fro-Yo”. The musically inspired flavor combination pairs Cappuccino Chunky Chocolate Frozen Yogurt and Light English Toffee.
Taylor will receive coupons for 52 cartons of free ice cream and the honor of having the entry featured in his home Braum’s store in Tyler, Texas.
We received more than 4,000 unique contest entries. It was difficult to select a limited group of winners from thousands of clever concoctions.
Our Perfect Pair winners and honorable mentions were selected for their originality, title creativity, and pairing of ice cream flavors.
Our second, third, and forth place winners will receive a combo meal, an ice cream treat, and a Braum’s gift card for $50, $25, and $10, respectively. Ten honorable mentions will receive a free combo meal and an ice cream treat.
We want to thank all contest participants for contributing their wacky, delicious, and amazingly clever ideas!
Grand Prize: Andy Taylor, of Kilgore, Texas
“Wake Me Up before You Fro-Yo” — Cappuccino Chunky Chocolate Frozen Yogurt and Light English Toffee
Second Place: Brian Payne, of Yukon, Oklahoma
“Let Them Eat Cake” — French Vanilla Ice Cream and Premium Birthday Cake
Third Place: Esteban Ramirez, of Wichita, Kansas
“Oompa Loompa” — Lime Sherbet and Orange Sherbet
Fourth Place: Miranda Terry, of Goddard, Kansas
“Mad Batter” — Premium Brownie Batter and Premium Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough
- James Bollinger, of Blanchard, Oklahoma: “Al Cappuccino” — Cappuccino Chunky Chocolate Frozen Yogurt and Premium English Toffee
- Jennifer Chaffin, of Scurry, Texas: “Monkey Business” — Premium Banana Pecan and Strawberry Banana
- Christine Dollaway Jones, of Frisco, Texas: “Mug Life” — Premium Hot Chocolate and Cappuccino Chucky Chocolate
- Andrea Formica, of Dallas, Texas: “Nutty by Nature” — Premium Black Walnut and Premium Rocky Road
- Adriane Gepner, of Geary, Oklahoma: “Pumpkin Waffles” — Premium Maple Walnut and Premium Pumpkin
- Melissa Henniger, of Norman, Oklahoma: “A Ripple in Lime” — Premium Fudge Ripple and Light Key Lime Pie
- Elizabeth Kalowski, of North Richland Hills, Texas: “Chip, Chip, Hooray!” — Premium Mint Chocolate Chip and Premium Chocolate Chip Chocolate
- Mary Lalli, of Oklahoma City, Oklahoma: “Peach and Quiet” — Peach and Premium Vanilla
- Amy LaPosa, of Arlington, Texas: “A Mintsummer Night’s Dream” — Premium Strawberry and Mint Chocolate Chip
- Candace Timmons, of Norman, Oklahoma: “Batter with Age” — Boudreaux Cherry Amaretto and Premium Birthday Cake