You’ve cheered all season long, sporting your lightning bolts and orange and blue – and here it is: the playoffs. We’ve made it to Game 5 of the second round and we’re leading the series 3-1! With all the excitement and momentum heading into game 5, the last thing you want to do is fret about is what you’re going to serve to your friends for the game! Well, don’t worry – we’ve compiled some of our favorite recipes and ideas for throwing the perfect Thunder playoff party.
Ice Cream Bar
Of course, we’re inclined to believe that no party is complete without a few scoops of your favorite flavor. But for a Thunder-themed party, keep it festive by serving our classic Orange Sherbet and our No. 1 best-selling flavor: Birthday Cake. Of course – since it’s playoff season for the OKC Thunder – our Oklahoma stores have temporarily renamed Birthday Cake to “Thunder Dip”. If you don’t like these flavors paired together, serve them separately and let your guests make their own creations.
No ice cream bar is complete without a host of toppings. Create two separate lines, one with fruity, fresh toppings for the Orange Sherbet and one with the classic ice cream bar toppings for the Birthday Cake flavor.
When hosting a playoffs party, finger-food is the name of the game. Provide guests with snacks that are quick and easy to pile on a plate during commercial breaks. A few staples include fresh fruit and veggies trays, chips, nuts, pigs in a blanket, pizza bites, and dips. Below are three of our favorite recipes, but if you’re looking for more, we have recipes for our favorite drinks, desserts, and snacks here.
- 1 lb. ground pork sausage
- 2 cups biscuit mix
- 8 oz. Braum’s Shredded Cheddar Cheese
- ½ cup pecans, chopped
- 8 oz. pitted dates, chopped
- Combine all ingredients and mix well.
- Shape into 1½ inch balls.
- Place on lightly greased baking sheet.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 8 to 10 minutes or until browned.
- 2 cans black-eyed peas, drained
- 1 can hominy, drained
- 8 oz. grape tomatoes, halved
- 4 green onions, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 medium green pepper, chopped
- 6-8 jalapeno slices, seeded and chopped
- ½ cup onion, chopped
- ½ cup parsley, chopped
- 8 oz. Italian salad dressing
- Mix all ingredients together and refrigerate several hours (best if overnight).
- Drain before serving and serve with tortilla chips.
- 8 oz. Braum’s Cream Cheese, softened
- 12 oz. Frank’s Red Hot Sauce*
- 20 oz. canned chicken, drained
- 16 oz. ranch dressing
- In a large bowl, mix together all ingredients.
- Pour into 9×13 inch pan and bake uncovered at 350 degrees for 20 minutes.
- Serve with potato, corn, or tortilla chips.
*Frank’s Red Hot Sauce is a registered trademark of Reckitt Benckiser, Inc.
The guests are arriving and the food is ready to go; now all you need to do is sport your favorite player’s jersey and turn on the game! Drop by your local Fresh Market today for the ingredients you need to throw the perfect playoff party.