Baked Egg Nog French Toast
- 1 loaf Rustic Country Bread
- 6 large eggs
- 2 1/2 cups egg nog
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons vanilla extract
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup cold, unsalted butter, cut into pieces
- 1/2 cup pecans, chopped
- Maple syrup-for serving
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Spray a 9 x 13 inch baking pan with cooking spray.
- Cut bread into large cubes and place into the baking pan.
- Mix together eggs, egg nog, sugar, vanilla extract, and nutmeg in a large bowl.
- Pour over bread cubes.
- Cover with plastic wrap and place in refrigerator for several hours or overnight.
- Mix together flour, brown sugar, cinnamon, pumpkin pie spice, and salt.
- Add cold butter pieces using a fork or your hands. Mix together until small beads are formed.
- Add pecans.
- Cover and store in the refrigerator until you are ready to use.
- Uncover casserole and sprinkle with pecan streusel topping.
- Bake for 45-50 minutes or until golden and does not wiggle!
- Serve with warm maple syrup.
To Make Custard:
To Make Topping: