Crunchy Sweet Potato Casserole
- 4 1/2 pounds sweet potatoes, cooked, peeled and mashed
- 1 1/2 cups brown sugar, lightly packed
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1/4 cup milk
- 2 large eggs
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- 2 tsp. cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- 2 cups cornflakes cereal, crushed
- 1 cup chopped pecans
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- 1 1/2 cup miniature marshmallows
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Bake or boil sweet potatoes until soft. Cool, peel and mash. Combine potatoes and next seven ingredients with mixer on medium speed until smooth. Spoon potato mixture into greased 8 x 11 inch or 2 quart baking dish.
- Combine cornflakes and next three ingredients in a small bowl. Sprinkle over casserole. Bake at 350 degrees for 30 minutes. Remove from oven and let stand for 10 minutes. Sprinkle marshmallows in rows on top; bake 10 minutes more. Let stand 10 minutes prior to serving.