Egg Nog Pound Cake with Rum Glaze
- 1 cup pecans, chopped
- 8 ounces unsalted butter, softened
- 2 cups sugar
- 3 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1 cup egg nog
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 2 tablespoons dark spiced rum
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons water
- whipped cream
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Spray bundt pan with non stick cooking spray.
- Sprinkle pecans into the bottom of the bundt pan and set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl beat together the butter and 2 cups sugar until fluffy.
- Beat in eggs one at a time until incorporated.
- In a separate medium sized bowl combine the flour, baking powder, salt and nutmeg.
- Add the flour mixture and eggnog into the creamed butter mixture alternating flour and egg nog ending with the flour.
- Add vanilla and mix until ingredients are combined.
- Pour cake batter into bundt pan and place into oven.
- Bake for 50-55 minutes or until toothpick comes out clean.
- Remove from oven and allow to cool for 15 minutes.
- Meanwhile in a small saucepan combine rum, ¾ cup sugar and water and simmer until thick. Invert cake onto a serving plate and brush hot glaze over the warm cake.
- Serve with a dollop of whipped cream.