Oklahoma City, OK – March 5, 2019–Braum’s customers and employees are paying for school with a little help from Braum’s and Dr Pepper.
Braum’s is proud to congratulate and announce the winners of the Braum’s Dr Pepper Tuition Giveaway. The contest took place from September 1st to October 31st, 2018. This spring, winners are being presented with their prizes at their local Braum’s store.
The contest offered a chance to win one of twenty $1,000 tuition awards or a $23,000 grand prize. Braum’s employees also had the chance to win one of three employee tuition awards of $1,000. All the contestants had to do to enter was text ‘BRAUMS,’ or ‘BRAUMSTEAM’ for employees, to the designated contest number. They were able to enter once a day. The winners were selected by random drawing.
- $23,000 Grand Prize Winner – Makenna Bouma of Rogers, AR
- $1,000 Prize Winner – Madison Spyres of Fayetteville, AR
- $1,000 Prize Winner –Moranda Pate of Fayetteville, AR
- $1,000 Prize Winner –Dalton Knipp of Louisburg, KS
- $1,000 Prize Winner – Hope Mitchell of Coffeyville, KS
- $1,000 Prize Winner –Brooklyn Shatto of Saint Louis, MO
- $1,000 Prize Winner –John Morrissey of Waynesville, MO
- $1,000 Prize Winner –Michael Haskin of St Peters, MO
- $1,000 Prize Winner –Yvette Soine of Belton, MO
- $1,000 Prize Winner – Bryan Jenkins of Coweta, OK
- $1,000 Prize Winner –Garrett Hardest of Okmulgee, OK
- $1,000 Prize Winner – Gail Fine of Sallisaw, OK
- $1,000 Prize Winner – Ivy Borders of Sulphur, OK
- $1,000 Prize Winner – Janice Hannah of Edmond, OK
- $1,000 Prize Winner – Jay Garber of Jay, OK
- $1,000 Prize Winner – Melodie Vaughan (gifted to daughter-Amelia) of Nowata, OK
- $1,000 Prize Winner – Tammy Sellers of Ada, OK
- $1,000 Prize Winner – Brittany Kauffman of Carrollton, TX
- $1,000 Prize Winner – Kevin Yamaguchi of San Antonio, TX
- $1,000 Prize Winner – Kristin Young of McKinney, TX
- $1,000 Prize Winner – Shayla Noakes of Burleson, TX
- $1,000 Prize Winner –Jonathan Lee of Winfield, KS
- $1,000 Employee Prize Winner –Lorenzo Caldera of Grand Praire, TX
- $1,000 Prize Winner –Rodrigo Salas of Verona, MO
This is the sixth year that Braum’s and Dr Pepper have been working together to award the tuition prizes. The prizes can be transferred to a friend or family member to be used for tuition, which is what many of the recipients plan to do since they have children or family currently attending college.
“Every year, the contest continues to grow and garner excitement from our customers and employees,” said Drew Braum, President and CEO. “We love being able to offer a contest with prizes that benefit our employees and customers and go towards furthering their education, which is a cause that is near and dear to Braum’s.”
The Dr Pepper tuition award can be used to cover college or post-secondary vocational institutional tuition, fees, books, supplies, equipment, related educational expenses or on-campus room and board. The tuition award can also be used to pay off student loans for eligible costs.
In Arkansas, there were three winners, including the Grand Prize winner from Rogers, AR. In Kansas, there were three winners; one of them was an employee from Winfield, KS. In Missouri, there were a total of five winners; one of them was an employee from Verona, MO. In Oklahoma, there were a total of eight winners. In Texas, there were a total of five winners; one of them was an employee from Grand Praire, TX.