- 4 cups cooking apples, peeled and chopped
- 2 cups fresh cranberries
- 1 ½ tsp. lemon juice
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 ⅓ cups quick-cooking oats, uncooked
- 1 cup chopped walnuts
- ⅓ cup brown sugar, firmly packed
- ½ cup butter or margarine, melted
- Braum’s Vanilla Ice Cream
- Combine apples and cranberries in a lightly greased 2 quart baking dish.
- Sprinkle with lemon juice; top with sugar.
- In a separate bowl, combine oats, walnuts, brown sugar, and butter. Stir mixture just until ingredients are moistened and mixture is crumbly. Sprinkle over fruit.
- Bake at 325 degrees for one hour.
- Serve warm with Braum’s Vanilla Ice Cream. (Note: dried cranberries may be substituted for fresh.)