- 1 ½ cups granulated sugar *
- ½ teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 cup coarsely chopped pecans *
- 4 cups apples, sliced
- 1 ¼ cup flour *
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1 ½ cups Braum’s whole milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 stick Braum’s unsalted butter, melted
- Braum’s Gingerbread ice cream
- Preheat the oven to 325 degrees.
- Place the apple slices on the bottom of a well greased 9×13 baking pan.
- In a medium-sized bowl, mix together ½ cup of sugar, cinnamon and ½ cup of pecans.
- Sprinkle the pecan/sugar mixture over the top of the apples.
- In the same bowl, mix together the egg, flour, 1 cup sugar, milk, melted butter, salt, baking powder and vanilla until smooth.
- Pour the cake batter over the top of the apples and then sprinkle with the remaining pecans.
- Bake the cake for 50-55 minutes, or until it is cooked through.
- Remove from the oven and serve warm with a dollop of Gingerbread ice cream.
* Denotes Items are Available in Braum’s Fresh Market