- 1 pkg. (15.25 oz) German Chocolate cake mix, with pudding included
- 1 ¼ cups water
- ½ cup vegetable oil
- 3 eggs
- 1 (16 oz.) jar Braum’s Caramel Ice Cream Topping
- 1 (16 oz.) container Cool Whip Topping or homemade whipped topping
- 2 large chocolate toffee candy bars, crushed
- Homemade Whipped Topping:
- 1 cup of Braum’s Heavy Whipping Cream
- ¼ cup confectioner’s sugar, or to taste
- 1 teaspoon of vanilla
- optional – 1 teaspoon of Braum’s egg nog
- Bake German Chocolate cake mix (made with pudding) as directed on the box.
- Immediately remove the cake from oven and pierce several holes through the cake.
- Pour one jar of caramel topping over the cake.
- Let cake cool and cover cake with one container of Cool Whip topping.
- Sprinkle with crushed chocolate toffee candy and place in refrigerator until ready to serve.
- Serve cake with a dip of Braum’s Ice Cream or a glass of Braum’s Milk.
Whipped Topping Instructions
- Chill your bowl and whisk (or mixer) in the freezer for about 15-20 minutes.
- Once they are very cold to the touch, remove them from the freezer. Immediately pour the whipping cream into the bowl and beat on high until stiff peaks are just about to form about 1 minute.
- Beat in vanilla, eggnog and sugar until peaks form. Do not overbeat, this will cause the cream to become lumpy.
- To top the cake, you can spoon the cream onto the cake, or place the cream into a quart bag and cut the corner off to use it to pipe the cream on the cake.* It is best to use the cream within one day.