- 8 oz. pkg. cream cheese, softened
- 1/3 cup powdered sugar
- 1 Braum’s egg yolk
- 1/2 tsp. of vanilla or almond extract
- 2 pkgs (8oz) Braum’s refrigerated crescent rolls
- 16 oz. can cherry pie filling
- 1/2 cup powdered sugar
- 1 to 2 tsp. Braum’s Homogenized Milk
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- In a 2 quart bowl, combine cream cheese, 1/3 c. powdered sugar, egg yolk and vanilla until smooth.
- Unroll the crescent rolls and reserve four triangles for decoration.
- Separate remaining dough into 12 triangles and arrange on pizza pan with the points towards the center.
- Press dough seams together with fingers to make a circle.
- Cut out a 3 inch hole in the center of the dough.
- Spread cream cheese mixture over dough within 1/2 an inch of the edges; top with pie filling.
- Roll the remaining dough into a long rectangle and lengthwise into 6 strips.
- Cut the strips in half, making 12.
- Twist the strips and place in spoke-like fashion over the filling. Press the ends to seal at center and outer edges.
- Bake 25-30 minutes or until golden brown; cool slightly.
- For the glaze, mix 1/2 c. of powdered sugar and milk until smooth; drizzle over the coffee cake.
**Hint: This Cherry Cheese Coffee Cake goes perfectly with a cup of Braum’s Coffee.