- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 30 oz. frozen hash brown potatoes (with green peppers and onions), thawed
- 2 cups Braum’s Sour Cream
- 2 small cans cream of chicken soup
- 1 cup Braum’s Shredded Cheddar Cheese
- 1/4 tsp. black pepper
- 1 Tbsp. hot pepper sauce
- 3 Tbsp. and 1 tsp. butter or margarine, divided
- 1 sleeve buttery crackers, crushed
- Coat a 9×13 inch baking dish with cooking spray.
- Over medium heat, saute’ onions in 1 tsp. butter until tender. In a large bowl combine onion, potatoes, sour cream, soup, cheese, pepper and hot sauce. Mix well and pour into baking dish. Bake for 50 minutes at 350 degrees.
- Saute’ crackers in 3 Tbsp. butter until golden brown.
- Sprinkle over casserole and bake 30 minutes more.