- 1 cup Braum’s Butter, softened
- 3 cups sugar
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup flaked coconut
- 1 tsp. vanilla
- ½ cup shortening
- 6 Braum’s Eggs
- 1 cup Braum’s Egg Nog
- 1 tsp. lemon extract
- ½ tsp. coconut extract
- Cream butter and shortening; gradually add sugar, beating well. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Alternately, add flour and eggnog to creamed mixture, beginning and ending with flour.
- Mix just until blended after each addition.
- Stir in coconut and flavorings.
- Pour batter into greased and floured 10 inch tube pan.
- Bake at 325 degrees for 90 minutes or until a wooden toothpick inserted in center of cake comes out clean.
- Cool in pan 10 minutes, remove from pan and cool completely on a wire rack.