- 1 spice cake mix
- 1 small box (3.4 ounces) instant vanilla pudding
- 2 Granny Smith apples, peeled and cubed into small pieces*
- 1 cup vegetable oil
- 1 cup water
- ½ cup Braum’s sour cream*
- 3 large Braum’s eggs*
- 1 (8-ounce container) cream cheese, room temperature*
- 3 tablespoons Braum’s unsalted butter, room temperature*
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 4 cups powdered sugar
- 1 cup Durham’s® honey toasted pecans, chopped*
- 1 scoop Braum’s Homestyle Vanilla Ice Cream, or your favorite flavor*
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Spray a Bundt pan with nonstick cooking spray.
- In a large bowl, mix together the spice cake mix, vanilla pudding, vegetable oil, water, sour cream, and eggs with an electric mixer for 2 minutes or until there are no lumps.
- Add the apples and stir to combine.
- Pour the cake mix into the cake pan and bake for 50-60 minutes or until the cake is cooked through.
- Remove from the oven and allow the cake to cool.
- Invert the cooled cake onto a cake plate.
- To make the cream cheese frosting: In a large bowl, beat together the cream cheese, butter and vanilla in an electric mixer until creamy.
- Slowly add in the powdered sugar one cup at a time until the frosting is smooth.
- Place the frosting in a quart or gallon storage bag and squeeze to one of the corners.
- Twist to seal the bag closed, then snip the corner and squeeze crisscross lines on to the cake.
- To top it off, sprinkle with chopped honey pecans.
- Store the cake in the refrigerator until you are ready to serve.
- Cut into slices to serve with a scoop of your favorite Braum’s ice cream.
*Denotes items that are available in Braum’s Fresh Market.