- Grilled Steaks with Herbed Butter:
- 2 ribeye steaks (room temperature)*
- 1 teaspoon Montreal steak seasoning
- 1 stick Braum’s salted butter, room temperature*
- 1 tablespoon fresh rosemary, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon fresh thyme, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons flat leaf parsley, chopped
- 1 garlic clove, minced*
- Picnic Slaw:
- ⅓ cup granulated sugar
- ½ teaspoon dry mustard
- ¾ teaspoon salt*
- ½ cup white or apple cider vinegar
- 3 tablespoons canola or vegetable oil*
- 2 packages shredded cabbage*
- ½ green pepper, diced fine*
- 2 green onions, sliced fine*
- To make the herb butter: In a medium sized bowl, mix together the butter, Montreal steak seasoning, rosemary, thyme, parsley and garlic. Place the herb butter on a piece of plastic wrap and roll up in a tube and twist the ends. Refrigerate for at least 4 hours before using.
- Prepare the grill by turning on 2 of the 3 burners. You want to make a way to sear the steak and then finish the cooking process using indirect heat. This can also be done with a grill pan and a 350 °F oven. Season your steaks with your favorite steak seasoning. Place them onto the grill and cook them for 6 minutes per side with the lid on the grill. Flip and continue on the other side. Remove from the direct heat and place on the indirect heat to finish cooking to your desired temperature.
Add a ½ inch slice of butter to gently melt over your steak while it finishes cooking. Remove from the heat and set on a plate to rest at least 5 minutes before eating.
- To prepare the coleslaw, combine the sugar, dry mustard, salt and vinegar in a small sauce pan and simmer until the sugar is dissolved. Remove from the heat and allow it to cool. Once it is cool, whisk in the oil. In a large bowl, mix together the slaw mix, green peppers and green onions. Drizzle the vinegar dressing over the top and toss together. Cover the bowl with plastic wrap and allow the slaw to chill in the refrigerator for at least 4 hours before serving.
*Available in Braum’s Fresh Market