- 1 tablespoon Braum’s unsalted butter *
- 2 large yellow onions, thinly sliced *
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon sugar *
- ¼ teaspoon salt *
- ½ teaspoon ground black pepper *
- ½ teaspoon dried thyme
- 1 tablespoon chicken broth * or white wine
- 4 slices cooked thick cut bacon, crumbled *
- ½ cup shredded Swiss cheese *
- ½ cup Braum’s sour cream *
- ½ cup mayonnaise *
- ¼ cup Parmesan cheese *
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- In a large skillet, melt butter over medium-high heat.
- Then, add onions, garlic, sugar, salt and pepper. Cook the onions over medium heat until they turn golden brown. This will take about 20 minutes.
- Pour the broth or wine into the pan and scrape the bottom of the pan to remove all of the flavor bits.
- Once the pan is deglazed, pour the onion mixture into a large bowl.
- Add all of the ingredients except for the Parmesan cheese, and stir to combine all of the ingredients.
- Pour the mixture into a well greased pie pan, or small cast iron pan, and sprinkle with the Parmesan cheese.
- Bake for 20 minutes or until bubbly.
- Serve with chips or crackers.
* Denotes Items are Available in Braum’s Fresh Market