- 1 cup graham cracker crumbs*
- ½ cup sliced almonds
- ½ cup brown sugar, packed*
- ½ cup Braum’s unsalted butter, melted*
- 1 package yellow cake mix*
- ½ cup water
- ½ cup melted Braum’s Dream Cooler ice cream (or orange sherbet)*
- ½ cup Braum’s sour cream*
- ½ cup olive oil
- 2 tablespoons grated orange peel*
- 3 Braum’s eggs*
Orange Cream Cheese Frosting:
- 8 ounces Braum’s cream cheese, softened*
- 1 stick Braum’s unsalted butter*
- 1 bag powdered sugar
- 3 tablespoons grated orange peel*
- 1 small bottle of orange food coloring
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Spray 2 round cake pans well with nonstick cooking spray. Set aside.
- In a medium sized bowl, combine the butter, graham crackers, sliced almonds and brown sugar.
- Then, press ½ of crunch layer into the bottom of each pan.
- In a large bowl, blend cake ingredients at low speed until moistened.
- Beat 2 minutes at high speed. Pour into pans. Tap pans on counter.
- Bake for 30-35 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and cool for 10 minutes.
- Then, remove from pans and cool completely.
- Using a large mixing bowl, beat butter, cream cheese, powdered sugar and orange peel until smooth.
- Place one layer, crunch side up, on plate.
- Spread with ½ cup frosting.
- Top with remaining layer, crunch side up.
- Spread top and sides with remaining frosting.
- Place into refrigerator to chill.