- 6-7 ripe peaches, peeled*
- 1⅓ cups sugar*
- 4 tablespoons Ball® RealFruit™ Instant Pectin
- 1 tablespoon vanilla paste
- 1 tablespoon fresh ginger, grated
- 5 individual pint sized mason jars with straight sides
Prepare the jars, lids and rings by sterilizing them in the dishwasher before using. To prepare the freezer jam:
- Remove the soft peach skin by scoring the bottom with an X using a knife and drop them one at a time into boiling water. Allow them to sit one minute in the hot water and then remove. The skins will peel off easily.
- Chop the peaches and place into a bowl. Smash them lightly with a potato masher.
- In another bowl, combine the sugar, pectin, ginger and vanilla paste. Stir to combine. Add in the fresh peaches and stir for 3 minutes.
- Using a ladle, carefully add the jam to the jars. Seal and allow them to sit one hour before placing them in the freezer. Enjoy!
* Available at Braum’s