Cherry Cheese Coffee Cake
- 1 pkg. (8 oz.) Braum's cream cheese, softened
- 1/3 cup powdered sugar
- 1 Braum's egg yolk
- 1/2 tsp. vanilla or almond extract
- 2 pkgs. (8 oz. each) Braum's refrigerated crescent rolls
- 1 (16 oz.) can cherry pie filling
- 1/2 cup powdered sugar
- 1 to 2 tsp. Braum's Milk
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. In 2 quart bowl, combine cream cheese, 1/3 cup powdered sugar, egg yolk and vanilla; mix until smooth. Unroll crescent rolls and reserve four triangles for decoration. Seperate remaining dough into 12 triangles and arrange on pizza pan with points toward the center. Press dough seams together with fingers to make a circle. Cut out a three inch hole in the center of the dough. Spread the cream cheese mixture over the dough to within 1/2 inch of edges; tip with pie filling. Roll remaining dough into a long rectangle. Cut lengthwise into 6 strips. The cut the 6 strips in half making 12 strips. Twist strips and place in spoke-like fashion over filling. Press ends to seal at center and outer edges. Bake 25 to 30 minutes or until golden brown; cool slightly.
- For glaze, mix 1/2 cup powdered sugar and milk until smooth; drizzle over coffee cake.
- This cake goes perfectly with a cup of Braum's Premium Ground Coffee.