Chocolate Sour Cream Coffee Cake
- 1 cup Braum's Butter or Margarine, softened
- 2 cups granulated sugar
- 2 Braum's Eggs
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 tsp. baking powder
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1 cup Braum's Sour Cream
- 1/2 tsp. vanilla extract
- 1 cup chopped pecans
- 2 Tbsp. granulated sugar
- 1 tsp. ground cinnamon
- Chocolate Glaze:
- 1/2 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1/4 cup Braum's Butter or Margarine
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. For cake, cream butter and sugar in a large bowl until fluffy. Add eggs, beating until smooth. In a medium bowl, combine flour, baking powder, and salt. Gradually add dry ingredients to creamed mixture, blending well. Gently fold in sour cream and vanilla.
- For topping, combine pecans, sugar, and cinnamon in a small bowl.
- For chocolate glaze, melt chocolate chips and butter in a small saucepan over low heat, stirring until smooth. Sprinkle 2 tablespoons topping in bottom of greased and floured 9 inch tube pan. Spoon half of cake batter into pan. Sprinkle 4 tablespoons topping over batter and drizzle half of glaze over topping. Spoon remaining batter into pan and sprinkle with remaining topping. Reserve remaining glaze. Bake 1 1/4 hours or until a toothpick inserted in center of cake comes out clean. Cool in pan. Remove and place on rack. Reheat remaining glaze and drizzle over cake.