OKLAHOMA CITY, OKLAHOMA (Aug. 31, 2018) — We are thrilled to announce the winner of the world’s sweetest contest, Braum’s Perfect Pair!
Shawn Wolters is the contest’s grand prize winner for the clever and perfect pairing of his entry “Shark Attack”. The summer & beach inspired flavor combination pairs Premium Strawberry and Premium Birthday Cake.
Wolters will receive coupons for 52 cartons of free ice cream and the honor of having the entry featured in his hometown Braum’s store in Broken Arrow.
We received more than 5,000 contest entries. It was difficult to select a limited group of winners from thousands of clever concoctions.
Our Perfect Pair winners and honorable mentions were selected for their originality, title creativity, and pairing of ice cream flavors.
Our second, third, and forth place winners will receive a combo meal, an ice cream treat, and a Braum’s gift card for $50, $25, and $10, respectively. Ten honorable mentions will receive a free combo meal and an ice cream treat.
We want to thank all contest participants for contributing their wacky, delicious, and amazingly clever ideas!
Grand Prize: Shawn Wolters, of Broken Arrow, OK
“Shark Attack” — Premium Strawberry & Premium Birthday Cake
Second Place: Laura Johnson, of Ada, OK
“Mint for the Beach” — Premium Peppermint & Premium Mint Chocolate Chip
Third Place: Ryan Cox, of Norman, OK
“Cow-ifornia Girls” — Premium Cherry Cheesecake & Premium Strawberry
Fourth Place: Marina Lowthian, of Oklahoma City, OK
“Dad’s Hawaiian Shirt” — Cherry Limeade Sherbet & Orange Sherbet
- Miranda Nolen, of Shawnee, OK: “Chance of Sprinkles” & “Hey Batter Batter” — Premium Vanilla & Premium Birthday Cake, Premium Birthday Cake & Premium Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough
- Madelynn Halpain, of Altus, OK: “Road Chip” — Premium Chocolate Chip & Premium Rocky Road
- Brandy Jarvis, of Lexington, OK: — “I’ll Stop the World & Melt with You” – Premium Vanilla & Premium Strawberry
- Brenda Hilburn, of Oklahoma City, OK: “Okie Doughkie” — Premium Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough & Premium Chocolate Almond
- Drew Achong, of Independence, KS: “Santa on the Beach” — Pineapple Almond & Premium Peppermint
- Laura Watson of Chandler, OK: “Sunny & Cher” — Cherry Limeade Sherbet & Orange Sherbet
- April Sumers, of Oklahoma City, OK: “Cool Runnings” — Premium Cookies ‘n’ Cream & Premium Peppermint Chocolate Chip
- Jacy Ramirez, of McKinney, TX: “The Great Bambino” —NSAFY Peanut Cluster Fudge & Premium Chocolate Chip
- Cailtin Mitchell, of Woodward, OK: “Tropic Like It’s Hot” — Premium Strawberry & Pineapple Almond
- Jackson Eitzen, of Yukon, OK “You’re Killin’ Me S’mores” — Premium Rocky Road & Premium Peanut Butter Cup
This year, to enter contestants had to submit a summer-inspired Perfect Pair on the website! They Picked two flavors and gave them a clever name inspired by their favorite summer memories and activities. They could enter as many times as they would like.
Contestants had to meet these requirements to play:
- Live in a state where there is a Braum’s location (Arkansas, Kansas, Missouri, Oklahoma, and Texas).
- If under 18, you had to have your parent or guardian’s permission to enter.
- The contest was open from Sunday, July 15, 2018, at 12:00 p.m. until Tuesday, July 31, 2018, at 11:59 a.m.