The winners of Braum’s Perfect Pair: The World’s Greatest Double-Dip Contest are now enjoying their prizes!
The staff at each of their home stores was able to present them with their awards during September.
Andy Taylor was awarded the contest’s grand prize for the ’80s throwback entry of “Wake Me Up before You Fro-Yo”. The musically inspired flavor combination pairs Cappuccino Chunky Chocolate Frozen Yogurt and Light English Toffee.
Taylor received coupons for 52 cartons of free ice cream and the honor of having the entry featured in his home Braum’s store in Tyler, Texas.
Our second prize winner, Brian Payne, of Yukon, Oklahoma received a $50 gift card along with a #1 Combo Meal and Single Dip Ice Cream Voucher.
His entry that snagged him 2nd place was “Let Them Eat Cake” — Braum’s French Vanilla Ice Cream and Premium Birthday Cake.
Our third winner, Esteban Ramirez, of Wichita, Kansas definitely had a little fun when he went to accept his prizes. He donned a costume to represent his winning combo.We received more than 4,000 unique contest entries. It was difficult to select a limited group of winners from thousands of clever concoctions.
He titled it, “Oompa Loompa” — and it featured Braum’s Lime Sherbet and Orange Sherbet. He received a $25 dollar gift card along with a #1 Combo and Single Dip Ice Cream voucher.
Coming in at fourth place was Miranda Terry, of Goddard, Kansas. Her winning pair featured Braum’s Premium Brownie Batter and Premium Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough. She cleverly dubbed it “Mad Batter.”
Miranda took home a $10 gift card, a #1 Combo and a Single Dip Ice Cream Voucher.
There were also ten honorable mentions that received a free combo meal and an ice cream treat.
We received more than 4,000 unique contest entries. It was difficult to select a limited group of winners from thousands of clever concoctions.
Our Perfect Pair winners and honorable mentions were selected for their originality, title creativity, and pairing of ice cream flavors.
Again, we would like to thank all contest participants for contributing their wacky, delicious, and amazingly clever ideas!
Grand Prize: Andy Taylor, of Kilgore, Texas
“Wake Me Up before You Fro-Yo” — Cappuccino Chunky Chocolate Frozen Yogurt and Light English Toffee
Second Place: Brian Payne, of Yukon, Oklahoma
“Let Them Eat Cake” — French Vanilla Ice Cream and Premium Birthday Cake
Third Place: Esteban Ramirez, of Wichita, Kansas
“Oompa Loompa” — Lime Sherbet and Orange Sherbet
Fourth Place: Miranda Terry, of Goddard, Kansas
“Mad Batter” — Premium Brownie Batter and Premium Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough
- James Bollinger, of Blanchard, Oklahoma: “Al Cappuccino” — Cappuccino Chunky Chocolate Frozen Yogurt and Premium English Toffee
- Jennifer Chaffin, of Scurry, Texas: “Monkey Business” — Premium Banana Pecan and Strawberry Banana
- Christine Dollaway Jones, of Frisco, Texas: “Mug Life” — Premium Hot Chocolate and Cappuccino Chucky Chocolate
- Andrea Formica, of Dallas, Texas: “Nutty by Nature” — Premium Black Walnut and Premium Rocky Road
- Adriane Gepner, of Geary, Oklahoma: “Pumpkin Waffles” — Premium Maple Walnut and Premium Pumpkin
- Melissa Henniger, of Norman, Oklahoma: “A Ripple in Lime” — Premium Fudge Ripple and Light Key Lime Pie
- Elizabeth Kalowski, of North Richland Hills, Texas: “Chip, Chip, Hooray!” — Premium Mint Chocolate Chip and Premium Chocolate Chip Chocolate
- Mary Lalli, of Oklahoma City, Oklahoma: “Peach and Quiet” — Peach and Premium Vanilla
- Amy LaPosa, of Arlington, Texas: “A Mintsummer Night’s Dream” — Premium Strawberry and Mint Chocolate Chip
- Candace Timmons, of Norman, Oklahoma: “Batter with Age” — Boudreaux Cherry Amaretto and Premium Birthday Cake