- 1 large Braum’s egg, beaten
- 1 cup yellow onion, chopped & divided 1⁄4 cup dry bread crumbs
- 3 tsp. chili powder, divided
- 1 lb. Braum’s ground beef
- 3 Tbsp. all-purpose flour
- 1 Tbsp. canola oil
- 2 1⁄2 cups beef broth
- 1 cup diced tomatoes
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 package of Frontier Soups – Chili Mix
- 1 1⁄2 cups biscuit baking mix
- 1⁄2 cup yellow cornmeal
- 3⁄4 cup Braum’s whole milk
- 1 tsp. green onions, minced
- 1 tsp. red pepper flakes
- In a large bowl, combine egg, 1⁄4 cup onion, bread crumbs and 1 tsp. chili powder; mix in the beef. Once combined, shape into twelve 11⁄2 inch meatballs. Roll in flour.
- Heat oil in a large dutch oven, brown meatballs and drain on paper towels. Wipe dutch oven clean with a paper towel. Add broth, tomatoes, garlic, soup mix, and the remaining onion and chili powder; stir to combine. Add meatballs. Cover and cook over low heat for about 20 minutes.
- In a large bowl, combine dumpling ingredients. Drop by spoonfuls into chili; cook on low, uncovered, for 10 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the dumpling comes out clean.
- Sprinkle with minced green onions and red pepper flakes, serve immediately.