- 1 loaf Braum’s sourdough bread, cut into chunks
- 3 cups red apples (2 large apples), peeled & chopped
- 8 large Braum’s eggs
- 2 cups Braum’s whole milk
- 1⁄2 cup Braum’s heavy whipping cream 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 1⁄4 cup light brown sugar
- 2 tsp. vanilla extract
- 11⁄2 tsp. ground cinnamon
- 1⁄2 tsp. ginger
- 1⁄2 tsp. cardamon
- Maple syrup & whipped cream to serve
- 3⁄4 cup all-purpose flour
- 3⁄4 cup brown sugar, firmly packed
- 1 tsp. cinnamon
- 11⁄2 tsp. apple pie spice
- 1⁄2 cup Braum’s unsalted butter, cut in pieces
- Grease a 9×13 inch casserole dish.
- Place the bread chunks and chopped apples in an even layer in the bottom of the dish.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the remaining ingredients, minus the topping ingredients,
and pour evenly over the bread and apple mixture. Cover the casserole and store in the fridge overnight.
- When ready to bake the casserole, preheat the oven to 350°F.
- Bake uncovered for 35-40 minutes.
- While the casserole bakes, in another bowl, combine the dry ingredients for the topping.
- Then, add the butter and mash into the dry ingredients until it forms a loose, crumbly mixture.
- Remove the casserole from the oven and crumble the topping over the top of the casserole.
- Continue baking casserole for 15 minutes,
or until the topping melts and becomes golden.
- Serve the casserole warm with syrup and whipped cream.