Warm weather is officially here! Long days spent in the sun swimming and hanging with friends and family can work up a big appetite. Whether you’re headed to a neighborhood block party, hosting a summer’s eve dinner party, or kicking back barbecuing, the Braum’s 2017 Spring and Summer Recipe Brochure has something in store for you.
Blueberry Bread Pudding
This sweet take on a classic dish is loaded with American charm. Serve with vanilla ice cream for extra decadence.
- 1 Braum’s Pound Cake
- 1 cup blueberries, fresh or frozen
- 4 tablespoons Braum’s Unsalted Butter
- 1 cup Braum’s Buttermilk
- 4 large Braum’s Eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- ½ teaspoon allspice
- 1 lemon for zesting
- Open one Braum’s Pound Cake and cut it into about two-inch sized cubes. Lay out on a plate to dry out overnight.
- The next day, place cubes into a mixing bowl and combine with blueberries.
- Place cake and blueberries into a buttered 9-x-13-inch baking dish. Melt butter and evenly pour over the cake and berries. Allow the butter to absorb into the cake.
- In a mixing bowl, combine buttermilk, eggs, vanilla, allspice, and the zest of one lemon. Pour mixture over the cake and berries. Cover the dish and chill for at least 30 minutes in the refrigerator.
- Bake the pudding mixture at 350 degrees for 45 minutes to an hour or until the pudding has a golden color and is set. Allow to rest 10 to 15 minutes before serving. Optional: Serve with a scoop of vanilla ice cream.
Bacon Pasta Primavera
Use your garden veggies in this wonderfully creamy, bacon-filled pasta.
- 8 slices Braum’s Bacon
- ½ medium white, red, or yellow onion, chopped
- 10 asparagus spears, chopped
- ½ head of broccoli, chopped
- 1 red or orange bell pepper, chopped
- 5 tablespoons Braum’s Salted Butter
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1 (16-ounce) package penne pasta
- 1 ½ – 2 cups Braum’s Heavy Whipping Cream
- 1 teaspoon lemon zest
- ½ – 2 cups Parmesan cheese
- Pepper to taste
- Prepare pasta according to package al dente instructions. Reserve one cup of pasta water for use later. Drain and set aside.
- Slice bacon into half-inch pieces and cook in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Once pieces are browned and crispy, remove from skillet and place on a paper towel-covered plate or platter. Set aside. Reserve about one tablespoon of bacon grease for sautéing vegetables.
- In the same skillet, melt two tablespoons of butter on medium-high heat and add onion. Cook until slightly softened and add garlic. Cook for another minute. Add asparagus and broccoli and cook for one to two minutes. Vegetables should retain their crispness. Remove the vegetables from the skillet and set aside on a plate or platter. Add bell pepper and cook for another minute and then transfer to the plate with the other vegetables.
Once the vegetables are removed from the skillet, reduce heat, melt the remaining butter and add heavy cream (up to two cups, depending on how much sauce you want). Bring to a slight simmer and use a wooden spoon or spatula to scrape remaining drippings from the skillet into the sauces. Add up to one cup of shredded parmesan to make it creamier. Add vegetables, pasta, and pasta water back in and gently combine ingredients. Heat thoroughly. Add lemon zest, pepper, and top with parmesan cheese. Serve immediately.
Avocado, Corn, & Tomato Salad
Need something light to serve on a warm summer evening? Look no further than this fresh, tangy avocado based salad. Serve with grilled chicken or scoop it up with tortilla chips!
- 2 cups cooked corn, fresh or frozen
- 3 avocados, cut into 1/2-inch cubes
- 1 pint grape tomatoes, halved
- ½ cup finely diced red onion
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- ½ teaspoon lime zest, grated
- 1 tablespoon fresh lime juice
- ¼ cup chopped cilantro
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon pepper
- 1 teaspoon honey
- Combine the corn, avocado, tomatoes, and onion in a large bowl.
- Mix together the dressing ingredients in a mason jar. Shake well, pour over the salad, and gently toss to mix.
- Chill salad for an hour or two to let flavors develop. Serve.
Want More Braum’s Recipes?
Our recipe archive has you covered for every birthday, holiday, potluck, and everything in between. If you need inspiration, pop into your local Braum’s Fresh Market for quality ingredients perfect for your family’s next meal!