Can you guess who’s turning 50 this year? That’s right – here at Braum’s, we’re celebrating our golden anniversary! Over the last 50 years, we’ve enjoyed making life sweeter for our customers. Want to kick off this big anniversary with a bang? Host your own Braum’s anniversary ice cream social for your family and friends!
Who to Invite
Everyone screams for ice cream, meaning you could have a very large guest list. Who should you throw an ice cream social for? Anyone you want! These ice cream party ideas are appropriate for school-age children or your office buddies.
We recommend printing out ice cream-themed invites to fill out by hand for an old-school twist. In a pinch, you can always create a Facebook event and send invites out digitally.
What to Serve
Offer your guests a customizable experience with a mini sundae bar!
Braum’s Mini Sundae Bar
What You’ll Need
- Pints of your favorite Braum’s ice cream flavors
- Your favorite small candies like Mini M&M’s® or crushed Snickers® bars
- Chocolate chips
- Braum’s Hot Fudge Topping
- Braum’s Hot Caramel Topping
- Small glass jars
- Small glasses or plastic cups for serving
- Plastic spoons for serving
- Pour candy, marshmallows, sprinkles, chocolate chips, or any other sundae toppings you like into individual glass jars. Set a plastic spoon in each jar for guests to serve themselves. Place on a serving tray or decorative plate.
- Warm and set hot fudge and caramel sauce in a large bowl with warm, but not scalding water. Jars should be halfway submerged. You can also set the jars of fudge or caramel sauce in a Crock-Pot® set on warm. Pour in enough water to reach halfway up the jars. Always assist small children with any hot toppings and keep them away from a heated Crock-Pot®.
- Set out small glasses, spoons, and napkins next to your toppings. When you’re ready to open your sundae bar, remove ice cream from freezer and set out an ice cream scoop or serving spoon for each flavor.
- Build your sundae and enjoy!
Don’t forget to stop by the Braum’s Fresh Market for all your party snack needs. We’ll supply the ice cream if you supply the party. Grab all the sundae toppings you’ll need to fill your sundae bar and pick up chips, veggies, and soda while you’re there too!
Need a few savory snack ideas to serve guests? Skim over our recipe archive! We have a plethora of party-perfect dishes.
How to Decorate
There should be no fear of overdoing it. Feel inspired by Braum’s classic blue and pink, or choose your own colorful palette. Find festive napkins and cups and don’t be afraid to use sprinkles. Need some extra flair? Make these easy DIY balloon ice cream cones!
Balloon Ice Cream Cones
What You’ll Need
- Balloons of any color
- Brown construction paper
- Matte clear tape
- Streamers that match the balloons in color
- Take one piece of construction paper and roll it into the shape of the cone. It should be narrowly rolled at the bottom and wider at the top.
- Tape the bottom outside of the cone where the paper edges overlap. Do the same at the top on the inside of the cone where the edges touch.
- With scissors, cut the top of the cone so that the sides are even.
- Take the streamer roll and wind it around the top half of the cone. Tuck the top edge of the streamer inside the cone. Tape it along the inside rim. The bottom half of the streamer should sit on the outside of the cone.
- With scissors, cut the streamer on the outside of the cone so that it is lightly frayed.
- Blow up a balloon to a medium-small size and tie. With tape or craft glue, connect the tied end of the balloon inside the cone.
What to Play
Eating ice cream is always fun, but your party could use extra entertainment. To acknowledge 50 years of Braum’s, play party or board games that are at least 50 years old. Your guests will enjoy retro throwbacks like Twister, Candy Land, or Sorry
Up the ante and put prizes on the line for winners. Don’t forget to put on a sweet playlist full of great music. Try a playlist of hits from 50 years ago!
Use these ice cream bags to hold prize items or party favors!
Ice Cream Goodie Bags
What You’ll Need
- Brown paper bags
- Construction paper of different colors and patterns
- Stick glue
- Hole punch
- With a pencil, trace circle and cone shapes onto construction paper. Carefully cut off the shapes with scissors.
- Stick the triangle shape onto the middle of the paper bag with stick glue or craft glue. Glue a circle on the wider top half of the cone shape to create an ice cream cone.
- Stand the bag up and fill with your desired contents.
- Once the bag is filled, fold about two inches of the bag over and hold it together as you make two evenly spaced holes with a hole punch. The holes should have an inch and a half of space between them.
- Pull ribbon between the two holes and tie together.
Celebrate All Year with Braum’s
Braum’s is here to celebrate big anniversaries and every day achievements with our customers. Whether you’re hosting a big bash or want to give your day a special twist, stop at your local Braum’s for a treat.
Keep an eye out for more Braum’s 50th Anniversary inspired fun this year!