Cranberry White Chocolate Bars with Cream Cheese Frosting
- 1 1/2 cups all purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon powdered ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 3/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 cup (2 sticks) unsalted butter, room temperature
- 1 1/4 cups brown sugar
- 3 eggs
- 1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla
- 2 teaspoons fresh orange zest
- 3/4 cup dried cranberries, chopped
- 6 oz. (about 3/4 cup) white chocolate chips
- 1 teaspoon candied ginger, finely minced
- 4 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 2 tablespoons butter, softened
- 2 cups powdered sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 teaspoon fresh orange juice
- 1/2- 2/3 cup dried cranberries, chopped
- 2 ounces white chocolate, melted
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Grease a 9 x 13 inch pan and then place parchment paper inside spanning the width and allowing it to hang over the sides. This acts as a sling to help lift the bars from the pan.
- Using a medium sized bowl combine the dry ingredients: flour, ginger, salt, baking soda and baking powder. Set bowl aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, beat together the butter and brown sugar until smooth.
- Add eggs, vanilla, and orange zest mixing well.
- Gradually add the flour mixture and blend until combined. Do not over mix!
- Stir in cranberries, white chocolate chips and candied ginger.
- Pour batter into prepared pan and spread evenly.
- Bake 30 minutes until edges are light brown and a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
- Let bars cool prior to frosting.
- Beat together the cream cheese and butter until smooth.
- Add the powdered sugar, vanilla and orange juice.
- Beat about 1 minute until fully incorporated.
- Spread the cream cheese frosting onto the bars and sprinkle with dried cranberries.
- Drizzle with melted white chocolate.
- Chill for 2 hours.
- Remove from pan and cut into squares or triangles.