Egg Nog Sweet Potato Casserole
- 5 lbs. large sweet potatoes
- 1/2 cup raisins
- 1 Tbsp. rum extract
- 3 Tbsp. water
- 2/3 cup Braum's Egg Nog
- 3 Tbsp. butter, melted
- 2 Tbsp. sugar
- 1/8 tsp. salt
- 6 Braum's Oatmeal Cookies, crumbled
- 3/8 cup dark brown sugar
- 3/8 cup pecans, toasted and chopped
Oatmeal Cooking Topping
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Boil sweet potatoes in large pot of water for 40 minutes or until tender. Drain and cool; peel and mash.
- While potatoes cook, combine raisins with rum extract and water and let marinate for 30 minutes. Drain.
- Combine sweet potatoes, egg nog, butter, sugar, and salt; stir in raisins. Spoon into lightly greased 2 quart baking dish.
- For topping, combine cookies, brown sugar and pecans and sprinkle on top of sweet potato mixture.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 20 minutes or until heated through.