Walnut and Pear Stuffing
- 1 lb. ground pork stuffing
- 4 celery ribs, sliced
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 1/2 cup Braum's Butter
- 2 large green pears, peeled and chopped
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 (16 oz.) day-old French bread loaf, cubed
- 1 cup walnuts, chopped and toasted
- 1 Tbsp. rubbed sage
- 2 tsp. coarsely ground pepper
- 1 1/2 cups chicken or turkey broth
- In a large skillet, brown sausage stirring until crumbly; drain and set aside.
- In a large skillet, saute celery and onion in butter over medium-high heat until crisp-tender. Add chopped pears and garlic; saute until pear is tender. Remove mixture from heat.
- Place bread cubes in a large bowl. Stir in sausage, celery mixture, walnuts, sage and pepper. Pour broth over stuffing, stirring gently.
- Place stuffing in a 9x13 inch lightly greased casserole dish.
- Bake uncovered at 325 degrees for approximately 1 hour.